Friday, November 7, 2008

Corruption in Russia!?

Today I want to discredit another foreign misconception about corrupted official in Russia.
The following video clip is best evidence:

The video was made after I finished my work and left Kremlin on foot. To get home I stopped a taxi cab and offered the driver 200 Rubles (about $8). The driver recognized me and tried to get more. He wanted to get 300 Rubles ($12) for such small distance. Fat chance! So I closed door and deny his proposal, because I care about not only the federal budget but also about my family budget, and I do not want to have any unexpected expenses. But taxi driver contemplated his mistake and accepted my price.

I pulled out flasher that any official higher than deputy minister is provided. But taxi driver told me that he had been instructed and had his own flasher in case of riding high-ranked official.

No comments: